Monday, November 19, 2012

Ahh the Christmas season is FINALLY everywhere!

We attended the Atlantic Station Tree Lighting and the GA Aquarium on Saturday!




First off, I am a BIG BIG fan of the Georgia Aquarium. From the moment you arrive, you feel a little excited. It was very crowded, it was the week before Thanksgiving, but we made the best of it and Jude pushed his way to the front of most of the exhibits. I think our favorite part has always been the HUGE exhibit that show all of the ocean wildlife. It is so exciting pointing out all the sharks, whales.. and even the little guys to Jude. He got very confused when he saw the divers waving but playfully waved back as they went swimming by (I know what I will be doing in about 10 years lol). I was disappointed to see the Jellyfish were off exhibit because you are guaranteed great pictures with them. We attended the Dolphin Show at the latest showing.. and let me say now that show is NOT fast enough to keep Judes attention. He would get so bored whenever the dolphins weren't doing some fantastic trick and the guys singing did NOT entertain my little one. I thought it was a great show but if you have a kid under 2.. I would pass. When the show was over and after Jude had made it a lovely experience for the man in front of us (haha) we headed out of the building.. and we were greeted with Christmas lights everywhere! The park was lit up and there was a band! I mean that's the kind of exit I like, made us even more excited about the Atlantic Station Festival!





Okay.. so we headed towards Atlantic Station and realized going this late in the evening was not the brightest idea. We sat in traffic for about a good 45 minutes before deciding to stop and eat. We eventually arrived and spent a ridiculous time circling looking for a parking spot... we finally found one. My husband was not a happy camper at this point but as soon as we arrived to all the festivities my husband cheered up. Santa Claus was out.. bands were playing.. food was everywhere and it was lit up. It was at this moment I realized I forgot my camera in the car. We enjoyed the band and Jude loved running around and giving us a good chase until it was time to light up the tree. It was SO beautiful and a GREAT experience. I think this is a festival we will be attending every year...

 (Picture taken by: http://blog.atlanticstation.com/2012/11/08/kick-off-the-holidays-at-the-annual-atlantic-station-tree-lighting-nov-17/)




Now its FINALLY Thanksgiving and Black Friday week.. so I have to get my combat gear ready to survive a night of intense shopping. Anything for a good deal I suppose? Tell me what is so alluring about this holiday and WHY does it start at 8pm on Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment