Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Ciji Ann Photography


 

   Ciji Ann Photography


We are one of THOSE families.. you know the one that always gets new pictures each time a holiday or a new season comes up. We can't have enough pictures of our precious babyboy and I am always on the hunt for a new fun photographer! 

We found Ciji Ann Photography through Facebook and we were immediately impressed with her work!! We set up an appointment for a Valentines Mini and upon arrival to her studio.. we were in awe! They literally had 8-10 different set-ups with adorable unique designs (as you will see in pictures). 

She was VERY professional, courteous and made us feel at home. My son took to her very well and she was a natural with him! She even made us feel at ease when he had a little accident when playing "cupid" for some of her pictures!  We have been bragging about how wonderful she is to all of our friends.. and we will be back!!

FUN FACT: It has taken less than two weeks to get our pictures back.. this is a record for us! SO excited about that!!

Interested in learning more? Check out our interview:


1. When did you start doing photography? 
 I've enjoyed photography as a hobby since I was 15, but didn't start photographing professionally until about 4 years ago. 

2. From the past year, What was a funny mishap that happened on a shoot? 

Oh goodness...there are probably too many to count! I have fell backwards over buckets, tripped in holes while walking and shooting, you name it...I've probably done it. We have a lot of fun on our shoots. However, your little peeing cupid definitely tops my list! 

3. Are you open to all types of shoots? 

Yes I am. In fact, I love to be challenged with something new. It keeps it fun and interesting. My favorite sessions are usually the most creative ones. 

4. Do you want to give me more information about your "prop" and "backdrop" person?

 For my props, I use and abuse my little sister (19 years old) she sews and makes all my petti rompers and tutus for my little girls. She even makes cute onesies for my little boys, like shirts with suspenders. I'm an antique junkie! I usually hit up the local antique and thrift stores once a week. I have an awesome set designer I used for themed sessions, her name is Lindsey Knox and she owns Leave It To Lindsey. She rocks! Most of my backdrops come from Photo Prop Floor and Backdrops. 

5. How many mini-session do you do each year? 

Last year I averaged 162 mini sessions and about 150 full sessions, and 18 weddings. Which was NUTS! I was exhausted! I've learned a lot over the past year and to pace myself. This year I'm only taking 8 newborns a month and an average of 6-10 regular sessions per month. Mini sessions used to be all day events for three days straight. This year I've cut that down to only half a day and capping out sessions to only 5 a day and giving myself a day or two in between to edit :) I have a vivacious little boy that needs my attention and my energy :) So I have to stop and rest and not take on more than I can handle. 

6. Are you willing to travel to shoot? 

Yes. In fact, I love traveling to new places. The farthest I've been is to Colorado this year to photograph a wedding.

7. Name 3 fun facts about yourself that you would want parents to know!

 I love jokes that come off a popsicle stick, I can't pronounce the word sausage, and I don't mind making a fool of myself to get a child to smile :) 

8. Want to offer my readers any advice on booking with you? 

Book early! Especially if you have a newborn on the way. Book during the non busy season, because once March and April come around my weekends are already booked up for the year. 



Don't hesitate!

BOOK NOW:




1 comment: